Online Reputation: Libby Furner

For an Online Reputation Assignment, I was asked to look into the life of Libby Furner.

Libby Furner is a 20-year-old student that is currently living in Logan, Utah and is a Junior at Utah State University. She has many interests such as comedy, books and even playing the Ukulele.

When I first started to look up Libby’s information, I couldn’t find anything specific on Google, other than this picture when I went to Google images. 


When I clicked on the Google image that was provided, it took me to Libby’s Twitter account. On her Twitter account, I found a good amount of information. I saw that she was a Harry Potter fan, by the kinds of posts and content that she was re-tweeting. Another thing I learned about Libby from her Twitter page was that she was very sassy, and liked to re-tweet funny videos, pictures, memes etc. She is verbal of her thoughts, views, and opinions on political issues and re-tweets/supports people like Hillary Clinton, Zendaya and Chelsea Clinton. She re-tweeted posts from Mormon/LDS pages, which make me think that she is a follower of the LDS Church.

The next place I went to look for data on Libby was to Facebook because Facebook knows all. When you first get to Libby’s Facebook page, her most recent posts are about Harry Potter once again, and a post about gun control. This once again, confirms our knowledge of her love for Harry Potter and is strengthening my thoughts about her political views. As I went to the “About” section of Libby’s Facebook profile, I found that she was indeed a student studying at Utah State University and lives in Logan, Utah. Previously, she lived in Murray, Utah and attended Murray High School. In her Basic Information on her Facebook profile, it shows that Libby was born on June 29, 1997. She has a family of two brothers, two sisters and a mother and a father, who all have Facebook profiles except for her father. She is a follower of the LDS Church, which confirms my belief that she is LDS. In her past Job’s, Libby has that she has worked as a Nail Tech at a couple different salon’s. Currently, Libby works at Studio 170 Salon and Spa here in Logan, Utah and I am assuming as a Nail Tech.

After finding out what I could from Libby’s Facebook profile, I went back to a Google search to find out more about her and I was taken to her LinkedIn profile. In Libby’s Bio, she has the following, “Customer Service is a common theme throughout each of the jobs I have had. I am at my best when I am working with people. I am interested in careers that are based in benefiting others. I am interested in industries like Public Relations or Human Resources”. This helps explain what kind of person Libby is, as she is interested in careers that are based on benefitting others. That explains why she likes being a Nail Tech. On her LinkedIn profile, it was confirmed that Libby is a Nail Tech at Studio 170 Salon and Spa.

The last place I looked for data on Libby was on Instagram. I didn’t find much, but what I did find is that she is musically inclined and plays the Ukulele.  I also found out that she has her own Nail Tech page on Instagram for her work.

Overall, Libby Furner is a well-rounded human being who is versed in politics, higher education, Mormon values, loves humor and is musically inclined. If I could find this much out about her just by looking at her social media profiles, I can’t imagine what you could find out about others by looking at profiles and so much more.




Comments

  1. Haha! I knew that my love for Harry Potter would be blatantly obvious throughout my social media. Great job, Erin!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Reflection on Social Media Case 6: Basketball Cop

Reflection on Social Media Case 9: Ponderize

Will 5G service revolutionize the future?